The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hey Hey JHay!

2015 Immaculate Josh Harrison Auto /99

It took me forever to secure a Josh Harrison auto. Harrison wasn't much of a prospect so he had only one certified auto before his big breakout season last year. This created a perfect cardboard storm and sent prices skyrocketing. Finally, a couple weeks back I secured an auto for a shade under $10.

I wouldn't consider Harrison one of my favorite Pirates, but he is a very useful player. His 2014 breakout season will likely not be replicated, but the Pirates still signed him to an extension last offseason. The good thing is Harrison doesn't have to be an All Star caliber player for the deal to be good for both player and team. A lot of Harrison's value is in versatility. He can play 2nd, 3rd and the corner outfield positions. Every team needs a high end player like this, but this is especially true in the NL and the Pirates recognized it and signed him. Even if he doesn't have a defined player we should be able to find him 500 at bats if he is healthy.

Thanks for reading!


8 comments:

  1. Nice Harrison! And to think he'll be going up against the very team that drafted and signed him in the Wild Card game.

    BTW, look forward to my post tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be interesting to see if he starts over Ramirez at third for the Wild Card game. He has been playing better than him, but Clint Hurdle seems to love Ramirez.

      Delete
  2. This is a sweet set! Every one of these you show seems to be nicer than the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much everything I've purchased has been below $10 so far. I think the only exception has been the Cutch/Stanton dual patch.

      Delete
  3. I think the most impressive thing to me is the photoshop job on Harrison's helmet. It looks like there was never a logo on it, even with the reflection of the sky and stadium on it. I do like the look of the Immaculate autos, the little raised clear acetate is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been a sucker for Immaculate autos the last couple of years. You just get so much more bang for your buck plus many of the autos are on card. That patch I showed last week of Cutch and Stanton would have been 3 times as much if it were triple threads.

      Delete
  4. Shadowbox autos - creativity! I love these cards, no matter who signed/initialed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find some great deals on eBay for a lot of them. Immaculate is a great set for secondary market pickups.

      Delete