The Legend

The Legend

Monday, October 12, 2015

Strippers, Booze and Cobras

Today is my birthday! It was full of crazy amounts of alcohol and strippers........33 is such a monumental birthday.

In actuality I was hoping to get some quality card time, but a prolonged visit from my parents and the fact that my daughter is under the weather put a hold on those plans. Maybe tomorrow for some quality time with the cardboard.

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Dave Parker Dual Patch/Bat /25

I'm such a sucker for patch cards from older Pirates. I really should allocate my card money to autos or set needs, but I'm a kid in the candy store when these type of cards pop up. GOTTA HAVE IT!!! I only paid $9.50 for this so it wasn't too expensive. Must be the old Pirate jerseys. That gold is mesmerizing. 

Back to strippers and alcohol.

26 comments:

  1. GREAT card, and happy birthday! I didn't realize you were just a few months older than I am. I guess I can say I totally knew what day it was when I sent a package your way last week, one that should be arriving any day now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my collecting doppelganger so it makes sense that we are the same age.

      Delete
  2. Damn right I clicked on this post because of the title. Happy Birthday dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spelled Hookers and Blow wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Hookers and blow will make your spelling go to shit......

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday, Matt! If it weren't your birthday, this would still be an appropriate title for any day spent in the 1980s hanging out with Dave Parker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that is why I titled it the way I did. Although as Zippy said, I might change booze to blow to get early 80's Dave Parker interested.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday!

    It seems like there have been a few Blogger B-days recently - do Libras collect more than others? (side note, I don't believe in astrology at all)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That explains it. I need to tell my wife that I buy cards for reasons beyond my control.

      Delete
    2. When the moon is in the seventh house / And Jupiter aligns with Mars / Then peace will guide the planets / And I'll buy tons of car(d)s

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday, sir! Love that Parker patch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday from overseas my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! That is a great Cobra card at a really nice price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Always nice to add a Cobra card on the cheap.

      Delete
  9. I'm okay with soda pop or bottle water... but strippers and the Cobra? Sign me up. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are hanging with the Cobra anything is fair game!

      Delete