The Legend

The Legend

Monday, September 25, 2017

Hook Line and Sinker

For better or worse I've committed myself to everything Pirate related to the Topps NOW program. As a Pirate collector I've been pretty happy over the course of the two years.  The Pirates have been middle of the road in terms cards produced so the investment has been minimal.  In terms of the actual cards themselves their have been ups and downs, but the overall body of work has still been positive.  My biggest complaints have been some boring photos and the fact they've gotten a little walkoff happy.

Last month the NOW program went all in on the Players Weekend.  They produced a set for every team featuring five players chosen nickname.  It was a guaranteed purchase for me.











 I was kind of hoping to see a Felipe "Nightmare" Rivero, but overall it was a nice selection of players. The Bell makes for a unique rookie card so that was pretty cool.  Cards like these is what I like about the NOW program. 

Thanks for reading!



12 comments:

  1. These were a smart use of the Topps Now format, and I hope the players are willing to be a bit more creative next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it will probably be taken more seriously.

      Delete
  2. I'm curious why Gerrit Cole is stated on card, but everyone else is just their last name. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these a lot. I'm regretting not get the Yankees set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will probably be able to cherry pick some off of eBay. I'm sure the judge will be the only one to carry considerable value.

      Delete
  4. Lol. Love Cole Train. That's pretty creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he has had that nickname for quite sometime. Was hoping for the Felipe "Nightmare" Rivero one.

      Delete
  5. Those are very cool. Although I'm now disappointed that Torrens didn't get a Churro card :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably was kind of hard determining what Padres should be used....

      Delete
  6. The Bucs had a great selection of nicknames. I was disappointed with the Tiger selection but that's in line with the year they had.

    ReplyDelete