The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, September 21, 2017

So Much Variety

I'm in the midst of quite the mail week.  It is a cool feeling when people just send you cards out of the blue. My scanner is working overtime this week which is a beautiful thing.  

A couple weeks back Julie hit me up on Twitter to ask me if I would like this card.....



Yes Please!!!!! This jersey from Ginter even has a nice stripe.  Nice change of pace from this set as many of the relics are very boring.  

Of course Julie didn't stop at just the Ginter relic. 

I'm a sucker for any portrait/canvas cards out there.  Topps Gallery has long been a favorite of mine.  It kind of looks like a little league field in the background.
I had to actually go look this set up to jog my memory.  2003 Fleer Splendid Splinters is one of about 9 billion short lived sets in this era.  Love receiving cards like this.

Upper Deck channeling its inner Studio.


Bazooka was kind of fun for a short period of time.  I think UD Collectors Choice or Topps Total will be forever my favorite budget sets, but Bazooka provided a nice change of pace.
Julie really hit me with a bunch of short lived sets.  Here is cardboard God Jason Kendall.

A very young Aramis Ramirez.  Private Stock would have been so much better if they didn't distort the backgrounds.
Some current Buccos.......for now.
Julie sent what I think was the full team set of Chrome.  The Marte and Cole were my favorites this year. Throwback Bucco uniforms always make good cardboard.

I haven't done a whole lot with the Bowman sets the last couple of years.  Nice to receive some Platinum in trade.

COBRA!

Love the Jackie Robinson day card.

One of these years I need to catalog my Bay collection.
A little vintage...Carl Taylor looks like he is about to throw up.
I think this Neil Walker might be my favorite of the whole bunch.  The team name on this card is way too big but it is such a great shot.

Thanks for thinking of me when you pulled the Cutch Julie.  I'm working on a return shot soon.

Thanks for reading.

8 comments:

  1. That's one mighty trade package! Think the Snell might be my favorite of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too! That was a pricey set when it came out. Fun to receive the cards in trade packages now.

      Delete
  3. I think of you often but never pull any Pirates! I must think harder. It wasn't much of a stripe but no complaints. I pulled it from a blaster. My luck with them has been non-existent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a nice run towards the beginning of the season with blasters but my luck ran out. Haven't purchased any in several months.

      Delete