The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Exquisite

I'm still fighting with my home computer which is starting to piss me off.  At some point I may just have to cut the cord and buy a new one.  In the meantime I'm going to get a second opinion from an IT friend of mine.  The issue doesn't really effect me keeping the blog active it just has put my scanning behind.  


2008-09 UD Exquisite Joe Alexander Auto /10

While I collect all things WVU, Alexander is one of the four players I actively search on eBay for on a regular basis (Steve Slaton, Pat White and Devin Ebanks are the other 3).  Alexander is kind of fun to collect because being a lottery pick gets you on a ton of cardboard.  He also flamed out so quick that his rookie releases were the only cards produced.  So a ton of cards out of the gate, but nothing new past the rookie year has given me ample time to accumulate most of his releases. 

I'm to the point now that I'm only looking for lower numbered parallels and autos. One thing I've learned about NBA cards is that even though the player is out of the league, the set itself can still make the card expensive. UD Exquisite is one of those sets.  Fortunately this auction ended much cheaper than I expected at $3.99.  In the past I've had to pay $15-25 range.  

I'm probably more excited about this card than I should be.  I realize that showing off failed NBA prospects is not a great way to generate traffic on a blog devoted to baseball cards.  That is kind of the reason I picked late Saturday night to write about it, but still wanted to get it on here to show a few of my WVU buddies. 

Thanks for reading!


12 comments:

  1. It's always exciting to land a card for a personal collection, especially when you manage to get a discount versus your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy....It is kind of rewarding to find those hard to get ones.

      Delete
  2. I can understand it. Always happy to see a friend get a good card like that, and especially for that price. Keep showing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dude was one of my favorites. Every once in awhile I have to go YouTube when he posterized that UConn player in the Big East tourney. Used to miss very few games on TV, but it’s not the same for me since the Big 12 move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that the University is trying to get all the traditional rivals back on the schedule, but it will never be the same. At least Kevin Stallings was a lot more open to playing us in basketball than Jamie Dixon was at Pitt.....eventhough Pitt is horrible now.

      Delete
  4. Exquisite was a $600 for 5 cards pack when it started. That's why they are so pricey. I did a box/pack the first year....regretted it immediately. Pulled a single color patch of my least favorite player in the league and an autograph of a player I can't stand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only reason I know Alexander's name is b/c he was the 2nd hardest autograph to pull in the 2008/09 Topps Signatures set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always kind of wished he would have been drafted by team that would have brought him along much more slowly.

      Delete