The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Sucker For Red


2005 Prime Patches Brian Giles Patch /25

If I see a Pirates patch card featuring the short lived red jersey I'm all over it.  While the jersey/patch card is largely played out they can still offer some uniqueness. When I saw this Giles jersey I knew I had to have it. I have a few variations of this card already, but I didn't care.  Long live weird alternate jerseys. 

Also for posterity I'm writing that both me and my 4 year old daughter are still alive as of 3pm Saturday.  My wife is NYC this weekend so that created an always entertaining Dad/daughter weekend.  So far today we've had a healthy breakfast at my local Dunkin Donuts and probably chase breakfast with an adventurous dinner that will likely feature french fries.  What can I say, my daughter enjoys fine dining.  

Tomorrow I plan on taking her to Target under the guise of Christmas Shopping.  That most definitely should read Dad looks/and likely buys baseball cards. #dadwins

Thanks for reading





16 comments:

  1. Enjoy more quality cuisine for your daddy/daughter weekend!

    Man, nobody did quality relics and patches like Panini did in the 2000s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had some unique ones. I loved Absolute Memorabilia.

      Delete
  2. Your upcoming Target trip sounds like the trip my 4-year-old son and I had to Walgreens today. Go for a few snacks, dad looks at and buys $5 repack boxes for me and a pack of Pokemon cards for the 4-year old.

    Hope the rest of your dad/daughter weekend turns out well!

    Also, I sent you a package last weekend, hope it arrived OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sweet patch card-makes feel like I am being duped by plain white. Does your daughter like Primanti Brothers? Always a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. She hasn't experienced the finer Pittsburgh dining yet. Although Primanti's has opened one in Morgantown!

      Delete
  4. i've the same weakness for dodger patches showing the red number from the front of the jersey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing is patch cards are a lot cheaper now than they were 5 years ago.

      Delete
  5. Very nice! I'd like to once again call dibs on your Brian Giles collection should you ever give up card collecting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Well I only buy Pirate versions, but if I do let them go you would be my first call.

      Delete
  6. I won't lie...I tried one of the sugar cookie donuts from Dunkin yesterday. It was goooood.

    Giles was super underrated looking back. He was a guy I was always hoping ended up on the Yanks at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh year...he put up MVP numbers for the Buccos but some guy named Bonds put up Babe Ruth numbers.

      Delete
  7. Donuts and fries? Your daughter is definitely gonna vote for you in the Father of the Year contest. I might need to grab a donut tomorrow morning in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is underweight. She just doesn't have a good appetite so we need a lot of calories in her meals.

      Delete