The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Intermission

Taking a break today from the trade packages in order to clean up my desk.  The last few weeks have been so much fun.  I know I still have cards from JBF, P-Town Tom, Section 36 and Scribble Ink to post in the coming days.  Those will go live this coming week.  If you listen closely you can hear my scanner saying give me a break.  

In between all the trade packages a few new cards have arrived.  Mainly of the WVU variety.  I like to throw these in weekend posts since less people are paying attention. 


Steve Slaton and Pat White are the biggest player collections within my WVU collection.  Both were featured in every set at a time when sets were at peak relic/auto craze.  Since both flamed out of the NFL relatively fast I've been able to pick up the majority of the non parallel releases. My biggest needs are "higher end" cards like above.  

While cards like this are much cheaper today, I still have to deal with the handful of WVU collectors that are in the same boat as me.  This can often cause certain cards to be a little pricey even though Slaton hasn't seen an NFL field in years.  

I'm pretty careful about not spending much money on "relic" cards so I often put my high bid in as soon as I see the card an hope for the best. As you can see it worked with the Star Gazing patch.

This card popped up as a BIN with free shipping.  The price was $6.50 which I thought was a nice deal since it was numbered /10.  

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  

Cheers

8 comments:

  1. Very nice #/10 card for $6.50 BIN with free shipping. I wouldn't have thought twice about that.

    Wouldn't things be so much nicer if we didn't have competition for our team's cards that we wanted? Although if competition were to come about because my team started winning, then I think I would be okay with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the most part I have zero issue finding WVU autos I'm interested in. The main exception is Slaton and Pat White. They are two of the biggest names in what was WVU's most successful era. Sometimes it is hard to justify paying $30 for a card that you know only a handful of people in the world want.

      Delete
  2. I reentered the hobby back in 2008 and actually targeted Slaton. The guy kinda just disappeared. Not even sure what I did with his cards, but if I have any left... they'll be headed your way.

    Btw... speaking of trade posts... I have yours scheduled for tomorrow. Thanks in advance for some pretty awesome additions to my A's PC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the cards. It had been a while since I sent you something!

      Slaton as very successful his first season, but he got fumbleitis his second year. Pretty short leash with running backs these days. Arian Foster was quick to take the job.

      Delete
  3. It’s possible that I know where some of those high end White and Slaton cards you’re looking for are lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you have a few! I tend to do a little better finding Slaton. Pat White cards are a little more difficult.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete