The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Walk and Papoy Collaboration # 3

Kevin and I are moving right along with our box breaks. These have been working out nicely as it paces our back and forth trades to about once a month which seems to be working well. This time around it was my choice so I went off the grid a little by choosing 2006 Turkey Red Baseball. Steel City was running a good special plus I get the extra bonus of getting extremely quick delivery as I'm only about 75 miles from their distribution center. If I time it right and order first thing in the morning it can be at my door the next day.


The box as a whole was kind of a roller coaster ride of emotion. The biggest disappointment was that we were shorted a relic as the box promises 2 and only delivered 1. Our saving grace was that the black parallels run about 1 and 20 packs, but we managed getting 2. One of those black parallels was a big score for Kevin as he got the best player you could pull.

The box also yields one "cabinet card" which is a boxtopper version of the base set. Kevin also got this card and it was a good name as well. If you are sensing a theme, you would be right. Mr. Papoy was the runaway winner of this box. I'm happy as long as one of us does well.

Here is a small sample of my take.

The Pirate take was actually pretty good. My favorite card was the Sean Casey red. He had a short tenure with the Pirates so it was nice to get a parallel card featuring him in the black and gold. He was always a fan favorite being that he was from the Pittsburgh area.


This was my rarest pull that I got to keep. It was a black parallel of Sean Marshall. 

 Another sampling of reds....The fall about 1 a pack
 Here are the white borders. I believe these fell about 1 and 4 packs.

I like the Piazza Padres cards. 

Kevin will be able to show off a little more with his post once he receives his cards. This was fun to open as the break offers a little bit of everything. You have the color parallels, sps, relics and the chance for some huge autos. This might be a good option for us in a future break if the price stays manageable.

One thing I did notice when I was writing this is that the SP's are team variations such as normal Griffey shown as a Red while the SP is as a Mariner. Take note when you get your cards Kevin....I did not check for these.

Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. Murton bunting? Check - ebay auction followed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting about the bunting cards for you....Just put a package in the mail for you.

      Delete
  2. i'd forgotten how attractive these cards are. Thanks Matt. Now I MUST shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found mine on Steel City. It was way cheaper than Dave and Adams.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you sir! By the way I'm sending you a bunch of stuff!

      Delete