The Legend

The Legend

Friday, May 13, 2016

Cutting a Check

I've been a little slower than I like recently sending out trade packages. This really isn't for lack of trying, but many of the usual sellers I purchase from have either been taking a break or selling other sports recently. Most of my pickups have been cherry picking individual cards here and there.

Finally this past week I made a significant purchase from a seller I've never purchased from.  I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt as he had good feedback and great combined shipping charges. The seller had a ton of 2015 National Treasures. While I didn't go crazy with big names I picked up several cool cards for many of you.  Of course I had to pick up a few for me.......

2015 National Treasures Ralph Kiner Cut Auto /99

Kiner was one of those Hall of Famers that kind of flew under the radar card wise. Prices went up a tad after his death, but for the most part you can still pick up most for under $20.  This cut auto set me back $13. 

Happy Friday! 


16 comments:

  1. Nice cut auto for a great price! I'd be all over something like that if it was a Tigers player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hall of Fame autos for less than $20 is usually a guaranteed purchase.

      Delete
  2. These cut autos are pretty neat if you have an old enough player from a time when checks were still relevant (okay they still are but you get my drift right?). I've been eying check/cut autos of the likes of Lefty Gomez and Bill Dickey for years now and they look really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. National Treasures had some cool ones that go off for good prices. You might be able to find something.

      Delete
  3. Very cool card for 13 bucks on Friday the 13th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realize it was the 13th. My job always has me working on month end type of stuff.

      Delete
  4. Oh my. I hope there was a cool card like that for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I've always been curious about these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is about the equivalent of a sticker auto. For the guys that have passed away it may be the only way to get an auto.

      Delete
  6. man I have always wanted one of these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could pick up a Kiner for less than the price of a blaster!

      Delete
  7. It never ceases to amaze me how affordable some HOF autographs are. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pirates had two very affordable guys in Maz and Kiner.

      Delete
  8. a great design congrats on the pickup!

    ReplyDelete