The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Late Night Tribute

I'm getting a little behind on trade packages, but I hope to remedy that beginning tomorrow. So if you have sent me something rest assured a post will be coming soon. I've also started to send out a few packages with three heading out the door so far this week and bunch more planned on Monday.

Tribute Time

2003 Topps Tribute World Series Edition Team Tribute Stargell/Parker/Madlock Triple Relic /275

This card is almost perfect for a Pirates collector. In the 2000's this combo was used a lot for relics, but the Tribute version is one of my favorites. It just has a cool look. Late 70's Pirate uniforms are awesome! 

On a side note the seller I purchased this from left a comment on my eBay feedback thanking me for the purchase and that he follows my blog. Always cool when someone comes out of the woodwork and says he reads my cardboard ramblings and my dislike for John Lackey. 

Thanks for reading! 

16 comments:

  1. Very cool! I like how the cutout is in the shape of the team logo, not something you see often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tribute has always been a nice set. Just too expensive to open a box myself. Makes for prime picking on eBay.

      Delete
  2. Cool card and very nice trio! Also pretty awesome that the seller follows you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was cool that he gave me a shout out. Guess you never know who actually pays attention.

      Delete
  3. Man, I dig those hats and I also share your dislike for John Lackey. They say he's an acquired taste... bah humbug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just looks like he is never enjoying himself. Maybe Joe Maddon will get him to come out of his shell.

      Delete
  4. The yellow Parker swatch sandwiched between two wooden bat pieces is very cool. This is a great looking card, with plenty of Pirates logos and branding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure a Yankee equivalent is around although with the possible names it could be a tad bit expensive.

      Delete
  5. "...my dislike for John Lackey"

    That is a whole post waiting to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I propose your new blog name be, Bob Walk the Plank... John Lackey Sucks BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha....I'll bring that to the Bob Walk the Plank board of directors.

      Delete
  7. Great card! Also, cool that they knew of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it comes to the Pirates organization... these three guys (and Tekulve) will always be the first players who come to mind. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That era makes for great cardboard. Teke alone is cardboard gold.

      Delete