The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, June 13, 2015

2X3 Heroes Gave me Penguins

I've always wanted to become a more active Penguins collector, but always talk myself out of taking the plunge. I spend a significant amount of time and money with the Pirates and WVU that any additional collection would stretch me thin. Plus the Pens in general are very expensive the collect.

A nice compromise has been trades through the blog. I've been able to accumulate a nice collection over the past year by receiving awesome cards in trades. So when I saw that Jeff from 2X3 Heroes was looking to thin out some cards I was more than willing to put my name in for any extra Pens.






I grew up watching #66 dominate. The guy is an all time great and still a fixture in Pittsburgh as he is part owner of the Penguins. Rumor is they are looking to sell. I'm guessing it would be for significant profit.
Jagr is still going strong today, but most of his dominant years were spent with the Pens. His departure from the team was a little ugly, but my guess is the team and player will reconcile once he decides to retire.
 Sid is probably one of the most hated players in the league, but I'm happy he is on the Pens. Hopefully he and Malkin can make a few more cup runs as both players are still well within their primes. The last couple years have been marred by injury and the inability to get production outside the top lines.
 Matt Cooke might have been the dirtiest player I've ever seen.


Tom Barrasso always made for good tv as he was about hot headed as they come. Marc Andre Fleury overtook many of his team records this past year.

Thanks for all the great cards Jeff. Always nice to add some hockey to my collection. I'll find some more Sox very soon to send your way.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Didn't know you were into hockey cards as well. You're not a Steelers fan also, are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to collect the Steelers pretty hardcore before I started the blog. It has pretty much tapered off to a just a few cards via trade and eBay. I'm not a big NFL guy as I enjoy the college game more.

      Delete
  2. Seeing the Discovery Channel burn the Penguins was awesome. https://twitter.com/Discovery/status/598881558842482688

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. That is awesome when the Discovery Channel smokes you.

      Delete
  3. @Zippy--that was a sick burn!

    And I have a feeling a lot of women start their sentences with "2x3 heroes gave me _____" (Just kidding, Jeff!)

    ReplyDelete