The Legend

The Legend

Monday, June 8, 2015

Box Break: 2015 Donruss

I finally got around to my non-French box breaks. This time around my buddy Micah decided on some 2015 Donruss, the mother of all love/hate sets. My buddy Keith (The Home Run Apple) was too busy to participate so we did some pack searching on his box and sealed it back up :)

 You need this Brian? Nice to pull a pretty cool Kirby card.

The reason I separated this Diamond King is because it represents a momentous occasion. I don't often put sets together, but when I do it always seems that whatever sp's I'm missing include Mike Trout. Thankfully I won't have to chase this one down.
 How awesome is that Cueto! Just a matter of time before he is traded.
Soler Power! Out of the two boxes opened I was the only one to pull a die cut Rated Rookie. These are really thick and cool looking in person.
Some random numbered cards. If you open a box of Donruss you will pull a ton of serial numbered cards. The Elite Series Kershaw was my favorite.
 Stat Line parallels.

Dalton Pompey signed about 9 million autographs this past offseason.  He is in every set. Thankfully I have a French friend who will like this card. 

Mr. Marlin Jeff Conine. Nice to pull something different, but I will probably be stuck with this card for the rest of my life. Someone has to like the Marlins....right?

I also pulled a Jose Reyes bat card that for some reason my scanner hated. That will probably be shipped off to Kevin too.

Between Micah and I we both had pretty entertaining boxes. He had the best $ value pull by getting a low numbered Rusney Castillo auto, but my box was a little more well rounded with the Diamond Kings and numbered cards. Donruss makes for a an entertaining group break as their is always lots to compare with parallels and unique hits.

Thanks for reading.

16 comments:

  1. Draft Alert:
    Kevin Newman
    Ke'Bryan Hayes

    Expect these guys in your future eBay purchases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the Pirates added some infielders. We haven't had much success lately developing them.

      Delete
  2. I'd love that Conine. I can email you and see if we can swing a deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, what? Someone collects the Marlins? (Of just a fan of Conine?)

      Delete
    2. I'll see it aside for you Nolan!

      Delete
    3. Tom, I think Nolan is still mainly a Bucco guy like myself.

      Delete
  3. Kirby? Why, yes, I believe I do have a place in my collection for that card.
    I know that Kevin has Kirby as a PC guy as well, so I'll try to find something for each of you in exchange for that card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh - this is a non-French break. Kevin, you get nothing! Well, nothing for this Kirby card, there's a package on its way right now to France.

      Delete
    2. This was a domestic break. So the Kirby is yours. I have a good bit of stuff to give to Kevin already.

      Delete
    3. haha...yeah, you'll always have priority over THE ENTIRE WORLD, France included, for any Twin there is, including Kirby. Even during a USA/France break. My heart is just that big

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Nice to pull a retired guy. I've been pulling prospect autos at a ridiculous pace. Donruss is always good for veteran autos.

      Delete
  5. I pulled a Bob Horner auto in my box, I like that they are including some of the players at Conine and Horner's level for some variety. If you are building this set, drop me a line as I think I have a few duplicates of the Diamond Kings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the Panini products added some new autos this year. Horner is a cool one! I'll double check the DK's. I bought a huge lot on eBay a while back so I shouldn't need many.

      Delete
  6. That Cueto is awesome, I live in Florida and only know one Marlins fan let alone a collector.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you imagine if Stanton played for a big market?

      Delete