The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Walk and Papoy Collaboration #5 (2015 Diamond Kings)

I'm going on vacation next week so I wanted to make sure I got a box busted and shipped out before the end of this week. Out of all the boxes Kevin and I busted to date, I feel Diamond Kings gives the most variety. The base set has a nice checklist, the auto's and relics are unique and the overall look of the cards is nice.

As for the results of the box I finally ended my cold streak. For this break I had all the NL teams. The box guarantees two hits and I got them both.  While I didn't pull any jaw droppers I did walk away with a few nice cards.


I was feeling good about my box right away as the first pack yielded a Honus Wagner mini. I believe we got two or three minis in the box. 

 Some of the Pirate base including the standard Honus. Not bad looking for non licensed cards.
 The inserts are not near as exciting as the main issue cards. My favorites are the nickname cards.
 Some more base cards.
These are the framed parallels. Some variations are numbered, but these were just the standard frame cards.My crooked scan doesn't do these justice. They are really nice and have a unique feel.
The first hit pulled was this R.J. Alvarez rookie auto. He has been a busy man in his short career. Originally drafted by the Angels he was traded to the Padres as part of the Huston Street deal last year. This past offseason he was traded to the A's in the Jesse Hahn/Derek Norris deal.



The rarest hit of the box was this dual patch of Strasburg /10. Pretty sharp looking card.

I'll probably pick Diamond Kings again as it was a very enjoyable break. The main downfall is that the box has only 12 packs, but it still produces a nice variety.

Sorry I shut you out Kevin, but I guess that is just the nature of the game we are playing. Before this break I was sure I was going to pull you one of those Babe Ruth cut autos. When it is all said it done I think both of us are happy that at least one of us does well. Thankfully, that has been the case in all of our breaks. Now we just need one box to give us both a really nice card.

With that being said....USA wins!!!!


Thanks for reading!



10 comments:

  1. DAMN, that Strasburg patch is a sight for sore eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice card, but it will probably be staying in my collection. Hard to trade high end Nat cards on the blogosphere.

      Delete
  2. I'm always rooting for the US, I'm so unpatriotic...It's really a nice patch, too bad it's Strasburg !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy we broke the odds......just wish it was a Pirates.

      Delete
  3. I just saw a story on the local news about a Ruth cut auto. An older lady from Washington stat got it in a pack, sold it on eBay for almost $8000.

    That Strasburg card is, as the kids say, a sick patch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw one of the cuts on eBay from this product. Last I checked it was around 3k. I still dream of making a pull like that.

      Super sick sweet hit!

      Delete
  4. Funny how Panini snuck in a team name, sorta, with the "Mr. Padre" nickname card. Better than "Mr. San Diego Baseball Club" I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! They should just give everyone a nickname. Did you know Josh Harrison is Mr. Pirate.

      Delete