The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Trade: Brad's Blog

Brad and I have a great blind trade going. He always keeps his eye on good Buccos for me, plus he has hooked me with great Topps Chrome cards from his annual case break. This time around he found some great cards of two of the Pirates biggest stars.

Nice cameo of a sad looking Tulo behind Cutch! I'm still not quite use to seeing Cutch dreadless. I'm hoping one more good week of voting and Cutch will be a starter for the NL this year.
 I've been the recipient of several Virdon autos in trades.
 That hair! Feathered and lethal.
 This is one of the best Pirate cards ever. Nice Field of Dreams action shot.
 I'm a sucker for All Star game cards so that is probably my favorite of this bunch.
I think these are the Toys R Us purple parallels. I've received several of these in trades which is nice since the closest Toys R Us from my house is about 45 minutes away.

I really hope Pedro can salvage his season with the Bucs. Either way I don't think he'll be with the team next year, but if he has any hope of playing down the stretch he will have to drastically improve his defense or start hitting bombs at a ridiculous pace. 

 Some nice flashback cards from my childhood. How can you not love that Jose "Chico" Lind!

Here is the showstopper. I'm a huge Marte fan so anytime I can add an auto it is a good day. Thanks a ton for this one Brad!

Thanks for the trade Brad. How about you tell Ruben Amaro to give the Pirates a nice discount on Cole Hamels! I'll be on the hunt for some more Phillies for you.

Thanks for reading.

8 comments:

  1. That Starling Marte auto is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of me wants to make a trek to a Toys 'R Us one day just to get my hands on some of those purple parallels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are kind of hard to come by. Probably the best bet is to find a nice cheap lot on eBay.

      Delete
  3. Alvarez just needs to pretend the rest of the league are the Braves and he'll be alright. Nice Marte auto, I am working on a package for you slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to replenish some trade bait myself.

      I'm guessing the Pirates will find someone at the deadline as a security blanket if Pedro doesn't start hitting for more power. Plus we need someone that can defend.

      Delete
  4. I love that Lind!That Future Stars logo was the coolest!

    ReplyDelete