The Legend

The Legend

Friday, June 12, 2015

Vacation Time!

I have a pretty eventful week planned. Tonight my wife and I are hosting a cookout for some close friends which should be fun. Sunday we fly out to Vegas! My wife and I have done some traveling separately, but this is our first extended vacation since our daughter was born 2 years ago. It is much needed. When I get back on Friday I will be attending the West Virginia Black Bears first game. Right when tickets went on sale I nabbed four tickets. I'll be sure to take lots of pics. 

A new fancy card!





2013 Exquisite Collection Geno Smith/Matt Barkley Dual Patch Auto /15

The unfortunate thing about adding these type of cards to my collection is that it usually means the players have tanked professionally. It looks like Geno is going to be given one more chance as the Jets quarterback so hopefully something positive will happen. It was a horrible situation to get drafted into. 

I'm a sucker for any card that shows the player in college uniform. This is about as nice of a WVU patch that you will find. This purchase was actually a two part purchase, but I'll probably save the other card for football season. These were purchased in the early spring so I can't remember the price off the top of my head. I'm thinking around $45 for both books. Not a bad deal for the type of card. 

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!


12 comments:

  1. Man those cards sure are designed very well. All that white makes it look like the players are surrounded by a heavenly glow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exquisite is always super nice, but tough to add because of the price. I hope to find more Mountaineers.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the trip and have fun. Everything on black

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in Vegas, and be sure to bet on WVU to win the football national championship. I mean, you have to do that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that will pay out pretty well. Might put a few bucks on the Buccos too.

      Delete