The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Vegas Pics

Happy Father's Day! Pretty low key at Bob Walk the Plank headquarters today as we are trying to get the house back in order. I spent most of the afternoon mowing and playing kitchen with my daughter. For Father's Day my wife and daughter picked me up some Pirates tickets for the game Saturday which happens to be Starling Marte bobblehead day!

Here are some Vegas pics.
We stayed at the Bellagio. The hotel is massive and would take you about two weeks to eat at all the restaurants and visit all the shops. The couple of meals we did have were very good, but came at a premium price.
 I looked for the Card Papoy, but didn't find him.
My wife and I jumped on the bus to make the fifteen minute ride to Freemont St. This is not for everybody as it is one big party at night, but we had a blast. Lots of live music, cheap drinks and affordable food. While the strip is one big party too, Freemont takes it to the next level.
 Hoover Dam.
 Nice panoramic picture of the Grand Canyon.
Another cool shot. Kudos to my wife who has some issues with heights. She braved her fears to get some nice pictures. She doesn't trust my shaky arms enough to let me take the pictures.
Here I am conquering the world. 

Overall it was a nice trip. I think the amount of time we stayed was perfect (Sunday-Thursday). We spent one full day at the Grand Canyon so that helped break the trip up. It is not a relaxing trip so you need a day or two to rest up once you are home. My wife and I were in agreement that if we go again it would be with friends. 

Back to card business tomorrow! 

Thanks for reading. 

22 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you got the cards with naked ladies on them to use as your calling card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have accumulated about 5 years worth.

      Delete
    2. When I went out to Vegas about 6 years ago, my girlfriend (now wife) had me pick up as many of those as I could so that she could send them to her mother as a joke. Let me tell you -- that was a ton of fun.

      I wonder if anyone collects those.

      Delete
    3. That is pretty funny. My wife was getting pretty good at imitating the people who pass them out complete with the flicking noise before they shove them in your face.

      Delete
    4. Your wallet card would have a blast in Vegas.

      Delete
  2. I thought about taking a trip to Vegas, but not sure it would be for me. I would probably spend all my time looking for Britney Spears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think she was on break while I was there. Jennifer Lopez is getting ready to do some shows.

      Delete
  3. I actually greatly enjoyed taking the tour at Hoover Dam when I went to Vegas -- it's an incredible structure. It's also scary how low Lake Mead is at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get time to do the actual tour. We just got out and went to the new bypass bridge they built to get some pictures.

      Delete
  4. I'll admit that I'm not usually a fan of big crowds/wild parties/general loudness, but I do love Vegas (and Fremont St.). Been there three times, including a trip for my 21st birthday a couple years back. Hope to go back soon. Looks like you had a terrific time, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun trip for sure. Would love to hit it up with some friends for my next visit.

      Delete
  5. Made this trip about 8 years ago. Not really my speed but we did have fun. We also stayed at the Bellagio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun....winning some money would have made it more fun. If I was able to it over again I would have saved most of my gambling budget for my last night. That way if I would have won it wouldn't have given me enough time to waste it.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It was fun. Next time we want to have some friends with us.

      Delete
  7. Did you see the guy in the Borat mankini walking around Fremont St.? My friend and her mom took photos with him two weekends ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the Borat guy, but just about everything else you could imagine was right in front of you.

      Delete