The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Cutch Me if You Can

I haven't showcased a Mccutchen card in a long time.  Like most of the Pirate collectors I know Cutch purchases have really slowed down over the past year as prices continue to skyrocket.  I'm still an active watcher of auctions, but most end well past my comfort zone.  Most of my successful purchases have been negotiated best offer prices on some low numbered, high end cards such as this one.  The above card is from 2013 Bowman Platinum and is numbered 2 of 5.

The countdown is on to opening day.  I'm excited to have baseball every night beginning on Sunday. Anybody have any bold predictions for the season?  Not sure if I see any team coming out of the woodwork this year.  I would have liked to pick the Royals, but I don't think they have enough starting pitching.  Would love to hear some predictions for the upcoming season.  MVP's? Rookie of the Year?  Anybody have any traditions for opening day?  I take off work to meet my brother and friends at a local sports bar to take in the game and eat delicious artery clogging bar food.

Thanks for checking out the blog.

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome Cutch card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a sucker for nice patches so I was happy to pick this one up.

      Delete