The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Trade: Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle

I have been following Greg's blog for a long time.  When I decided to start one of my own he was the first person I contacted to get some pointers.  Having a nice backlog of Dodger cards I began sending care packages to Greg as a thank you for helping me out and plugging the blog.  On Monday I received a nice surprise in the mail.  Check out some of the stuff Greg passed along my way.....

Brian Giles had a great career with the Pirates.  A while back I went and researched his stats and they were crazy good his entire run as a Pirate.  What makes it even sweeter was the Pirates got him for basically nothing from the Indians.   Love the Topps 206 Auto.

This card has a very interesting back story.  Patel and Rinku Singh are the first Indian nationals to sign with an American sports team.  They won an Indian Reality show called Million Dollar Arm and were signed by the Pirates without ever playing baseball.  The story is being turned into a movie starring Jon Hamm from Mad Men.

Greg sent me some cool minis as well.  I really appreciate the Martin because he doesn't have much in the Pirates uniform.  I'm really hoping for some autos and relics in the upcoming 2014 releases.

I'm glad Jose Bautista developed into a great player.  Just wish it was with the Pirates.  We basically gave him away for a minor league catcher.  If you are wondering why a Jedd Gyorko is mixed in here it is because Jedd went to WVU like myself.  I have a big WVU collection to go along with the Buccos.  


Mike "Spanky" Lavallliere!  Love it.

Thanks again for all the great cards Greg.  Look forward to future deals.  If you have some extra Dodgers shoot Greg a message. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the cards, and thanks again for the trade! Looking forward to more in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen my blog and my current Pirates trade bait? Check it out:

    http://alltradebait.blogspot.com/2014/03/grand-salami-of-trade-bait-pittsburgh.html

    ReplyDelete