The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Black Friday Therapy

For the first time ever I took advantage of some great Black Friday deals on Dave and Adams. I made two purchases for my monthly box breaks with my buddy Micah and Keith so that pretty much squares me away until the late spring on that front. The last purchase was all for me. I was such a good boy not buying anything in November that I got myself a little present to open over the next few days.

Donruss sold out fast as the sale price was $36 a box. I've had pretty good luck with some of the boxes I've opened so maybe I can hit a nice patch card or one of the recollection autos. Hopefully the box yields the Diamond Kings and rookies I need to finish my set as well. They are short printed and kind of a pain in the butt to find on the secondary market. 

I'm most excited about the box of Heritage Minors. I love minor league baseball so this will be an entertaining box to open. You also are guaranteed two autos and a relic so their is a chance you can hit something really nice. 

2014 Heritage Minor League Gregory Polanco/Austin Meadows Dual Auto /15

I do own one nice card already from the Heritage Minors set although I would not complain if another one was pulled. The Jamestown Jammers uniform that Meadows is wearing is pretty sweet.

I'll be sure to update over the next few days the results of the binge.

Thanks for reading.



8 comments:

  1. Love shopping therapy especially when it involves autographs. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, a sale on Heritage Minors? That's one of my favorite sets every year. Definitely will be looking forward to the results. The only boxes I've ever bought are from flea markets, and they're cards from the early 90s. Still fun, but would love to do something more recent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love opening boxes, but scaled back the amount big time a few years back. Now it is more of a social event once a month at my house. Two of my buddies and I get together, rip a box and give each other a hard time. It is fun. We usually top out at 50 bucks a box. The recent sale was great because it allowed us to load up on stuff that we normally wouldn't have bought.

      Heritage Minors is great if you love prospect cards to cool minor league uniforms. You get two autos and a relic. Pretty good bang for your buck. If you get luck there are some high end cards to be had as well. My intentions were to only buy 1 box and try to complete the set on sportlots or justcommons. I completed Heritage earlier this year and figured the minor version would look nice in the same binder.

      Delete
  3. Did the same. Got a few diamond king rookies. Let me know what you need. Did you open your heritage high number set? Got that too but wasn't sure if I was going to open it or not. Let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My list is at home on my set needs. I'm down to just a few Diamond Kings and rookies. I'm busting the Donruss tonight so once I see what those boxes yield I'll message you with my remaining needs. Hopefully will only be a few cards.

      I did open my Heritage High Number and it yielded a great auto. I'm showing that off on my blog tonight, but lets just say it fits the rest of my collection. I'll probably put the set in a binder.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the Heritage Minors box. That dual auto is sick.
    Hopefully you pull some neat stuff from the Donruss boxes too :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heritage Minors was a fun box to bust. I'm going to try and complete the set so I can put it in my binder with the main Heritage set that I completed earlier this year.

      Delete