The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Trade: Mark Hoyle

When it comes to vintage themed trades Mark Hoyle is famous around the blogosphere. All these other famous Marks have nothing on Mr. Hoyle.
Mark Anthony may have fooled around with Cleopatra and been best buds with Caesar, but did he pass around awesome cards like this Stargell.  I think not. Hoyle defeats Rome!

How awesome is this 66 Stargell? I was pumped when I saw it. 

Mark Mark and the Funky Bunch......No thanks, I'll take Marky Mark Hoyle's awesome Harvey Haddix card.

Good Vibrations...
Mark Zuckerberg.....yeah he may be super rich and powerful, but I still choose Hoyle as the best Mark. Facebook is nothing more than a place to show baby pictures and spout off something stupid about politics. 

 Is Tom Butters the second most famous Butters behind Butters Scotch?




 This is a great condition Dick Stuart.


Bill Virdon still does some work with the Pirates in spring training. Seems like a nice guy. I think he had an auto in this years Heritage set that I have yet to get my hands on. Might need to track that one down.


Even when it is an action shot it still looks like Manny is smiling. This is a cool card of a very young Sanguillen.


Thanks for all the great cards Mark.  That Stargell was awesome! Sending cards like that is why you are the most famous Mark around these parts. 



12 comments:

  1. Very nice lot.
    Although if I didn't know any better it's possibly the first package I've seen Hoyle send you that didn't have '72 Topps in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has given me quite a few 72s, but we pretty much into the 60's now.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah Mark is the man. I should have checked because this might have been our 10th trade already.

      Delete
  3. I'll put that Marky mark pic as my wallpaper right away ! great cards as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so weird seeing Mark Wahlberg doing serious dramatic acting because in my head I'm playing Good Vibrations.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the props Matt. It's been a pleasure trading. Have a great Holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be working on another package for you over the holidays. I wanted to get something out in time for Xmas, but life got crazy this past week. Hopefully have something for you by New Years.

      Delete
  5. I agree, that Stargell is the pick of the pack in this bunch.
    Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see Marky Mark's third nipple making an appearance in this post.

    http://www.buzzfeed.com/kimberleydadds/7-celebrities-who-are-in-the-triple-nipple-club#.xr8AqJ4ZP

    ReplyDelete