The Legend

The Legend

Monday, December 8, 2014

Daydreaming

It's funny how some things never change.  Back when I was in college it was easy to get distracted in class. Sometimes I was just sit there thinking about where I was going to drink beer that night or do a crossword puzzle in the school newspaper. Normal college stuff.  Really hot college girls didn't help with attention span either....

Today I was sitting in training discussing pertinent issues to my job. One speaker in particular was incredibly boring. I found myself daydreaming about cards and crap I needed to do when I get home. Must be something about crappy Powerpoint presentations that can put my generation to sleep. You would figure subconsciously you would become more engaged as you get older, but sit me down in a group of 50 people listening to presenters talk about cost sharing and I'm ready to sleep or thinking of better ways I need to organize my collection.

Here is the type of stuff that keeps my intention


Right before I left for Houston I received these two Donruss Series 2 autos in the mail.  I actually stole the images off of eBay as I didn't have time to get them scanned before I left. For some reason Topps and Panini both included a ton of Andrew Lambo autos in their products this year. Even high end sets included him. Lambo really hasn't been a prospect for quite sometime. He had a chance to earn time at first base this past year, but struggled in spring training then got hurt in AAA. It's hard to imagine a situation where he finds the field for the Pirates this years as well.

Starling Marte is one my favorite Pirates. When healthy he is a 5 tool player. He had a monster second half this past season and accumulated almost 5 WAR. If Marte continues to build on the second half of the season he will be an All Star caliber outfielder. The young Pirate outfield is very exciting. 

The seller that I purchased these autos from had a ton of Series 2 autos that went off for a great price. I purchased as many as I could and will sprinkle some to my blog friends in the next few weeks. His auctions didn't get much action as they ended the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. 

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Darn that Lambo! I am older and find my self less engaged at work, thinking about my collection in the worst moments. My office really needs to block access to Ebay, COMC, Beckett, etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old job did block that kind of stuff but now it is all fair game with my current one.

      Delete
  2. I pulled a Lambo autograph out of Opening Day this year. At least I am pretty sure it was this year. Opening Day was a long time ago. I may have pulled another Lambo autograph at some point this year, but I can't think of what product it came from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm bored at work, I spend time on blogs and card sites too. That's been pretty frequent this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the first one in every morning so I usually do a lot of reading to begin my day.

      Delete