The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Busting Packs at Work

Today is an odd day at work for me.  I was actually given permission to leave early, but I had a 5:30 meeting scheduled to accommodate a doctors clinic schedule.  You could hear a pin drop in my building. It's like an abandoned building that Rick in the gang from the Walking Dead would rummage for supplies.



In order to keep my sanity I took a nice long lunch and purchased some packs of Update at my local Walmart.

While nothing too exciting came from the packs it was nice to bust packs at work.  Here are some pics of the nicer cards.  Excuse the picture quality as these were taken with my phone. Maybe 6 months down the road I'll find out that I have a photo variation like I did with Mariano Rivera in 2013 Update.

 3 of my Walmart parallels were of the All Star variety. It was cool to get Puig and Tulo.
 I guess if you are going to get a run of the mill insert it doesn't hurt to get the best player in the game.
 Heavy on the Cuban imports with the All Star Game Access cards.
 The Chris Sale gold was a pretty nice card.
 Bad picture, but it is pretty easy to spot Pat Neshek's delivery.
 Polanco rookies!
The rest of my Walmart parallels including the "Vanimal" Vance Worley.

Hope everybody has a safe and fun New Year.

12 comments:

  1. I think I pulled a Murphy/Puig/Tulo red trio from a Target hanger box. Yay, collation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I need to start doing this. It's been rough this year at work... but I feel that busting packs at work might make me feel a little better.

    I have a few unopened boxes stashed in my classroom... but I use them for a math lesson during summer school. Plus they're of the 1991/92 Upper Deck basketball variety (not exactly what I want to bust). I think today I'll grab a few packs at Target and bring them to work on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops... almost forgot. Happy New Year!

      Delete
    2. This was my first time doing it. It was very liberating. Good stress reducer.

      Delete
  3. Happy new year. Just hit a show this morning . Picked up a nice "Buc" to send your way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exciting. I'm still putting a package together for you. Might have to get a little creative with my next one.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great way to spend time at work! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was the last person left in my building yesterday since it was New Year's Eve and Boise State had an early bowl game. I didn't have any cards to open, though.

    ReplyDelete