The Legend

The Legend

Friday, December 19, 2014

Trade: Too Many Verlanders and Manninghams

Dennis is one of my favorite people to trade with because he always hits all spectrum's of my collection. Our last few trades have been blockbusters where we have sent dozens of hits to each other. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking on all these great cards.

I miss the Sweet Spot sets. The variations in this set were awesome. The parallels were represented by different types of helmets for the Mountaineers.
 One of my favorite Madlock autos. Nice on card signature and a cool logo and uniform shot.
Jose Guillen was a little confused on this card, but it is still awesome. The Pirates really stunted his development by bringing him up too early to the majors.  Still one of the best outfield arms I've ever seen.
 The "joker" Joe Randa!
Alen Hanson is the Pirates only upper level middle infield prospect. I'm guessing we may have to trade some of our outfield depth to get some high end infield talent. Hanson has a good bat, but the defense has been shaky at short. Most seem to think his long term position will be second.

Some Cobra vintage is always welcomed.  This card was in beautiful shape too.

 Marc Bulger is a personal favorite. Always cool to see some of the early Pacific autos.
Kris Benson was supposed to be the next big thing, but health prevented him from being a superstar. He had a long career, but is probably known more for his crazy wife Anna.
The real gem in this bunch is the Dustin Nippert on the bottom left. Dustin was a former WVU pitcher who had a handful of seasons in the majors as a relief pitcher.  This gem is numbered to /199

 Pops Vintage!

Dennis actually threw in a nice Brian Giles Finest encased refractor, but the scan was piss poor. 

Thanks for all the great cards Dennis. It has been a pleasure trading with you so much this year. I'm working on a return package in which I hope a few cards will be new to you. I have some time off coming for the holidays so my hope is to have it to you for New Years.  

Thanks for reading and have a good weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dennis and I are trying to one up each other each time. It was a fun trade.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I've seen it before a few times. It cracks me up everytime.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think the Madlock or the Parker was my favorite too

      Delete
  4. The Madlock auto was my favorite too. By the way, the Parker vintage is a RC! And yeah, those encased cards scan like crap. You should only need one more of the Devine variations, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and it is in awesome shape too. I believe I have all the Devine's. He doesn't have much in the way of autos so I've picked up most of his over the years.

      Delete
  5. Awesome cards. I really like the vintage cards and the Bill Madlock autograph. I remember getting a bat signed by Madlock and remember how nice he was,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that most of the 70's Pirates make themselves pretty accessible. Most make there way back to Pittsburgh during the season for autograph signings.

      Delete
  6. I love how Guillen signed his card ! I wonder if they're all like that. I hope so !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to ask Mark from Battlin Bucs if they are all like that. I know he really likes that set so he would probably know.

      Delete
    2. here's part of the answer :
      http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/1997/Donruss_Signature_Series_Authentic_Signature/JOGU/Jose_Guillen/2159435

      Delete