The Legend

The Legend

Monday, September 12, 2016

This and That from Providence

Work travel has its pros and cons. First and foremost it is always fun to get out and explore a new town. I had never been to Providence so I logged a good bit of miles just wandering aimlessly down streets.  It is also fun to eat and drink....well I like doing that everywhere, but testing out the local hot spots is always on the agenda in a new area. 

The negative of course is actually have to attend a conference.  Gets in the way of all the fun. 




I shared this card on Twitter the other day.  This is one of the cards Mark Hoyle gave me in person. He gave me several cool cards that I'll write up in the coming days.

This was a shot from my hotel room.  I was a little bummed that the weather was crappy on the day I had the most free time, but I planned ahead.  On my way to the hotel I sent Mark and Shane from Shoebox legends an email asking about card shops.  They both recommended the same place and it turned out to be gold mine for my WVU collection.

This was a shot of Federal Hill that is home to some great Italian food. This area was very fun and lively. I think I ate my weight in tomatoes and mozzarella.
 The weather was beautiful on Thursday so as soon my class ended I went on a two hour stroll.  I suck at picture taking so this was one of the few good shots I got.

I always try and pick up some stuffed animal for my daughter that represents the area I'm in.  I think the lobster was a good choice.  She thought it was the lobster from Little Mermaid so we just went with that.

Normally when I take these trips I'll wait until Saturday to fly home, but since WVU had a game I wanted to get back.  Here are a few pictures from the game.  It was hot as hell so for every alcoholic drink you needed to drink a bottle of water.  The good thing is you sweat so much you don't have to worry about needing to go to the bathroom.



Overall it was a fun, but tiring week.  I think I'm home for the rest of September so that will be nice.  Got a whole bunch of cardboard that needs better homes.  Just got to find the time to do it.  

Thanks for reading.  

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun trip. I've never been out to the east coast but it looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty to do on the coast for sure. Vacation time!

      Delete
  2. Sounded like a lot of fun! I was jealous of your meet-up with Mark and Shane but knew that I would be meeting Night Owl over the weekend. I hope we can get a group together some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to meet. I'm on the road quite a bit during the course of the year so maybe our schedules will cross.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a rewarding trip. Can't wait to see the rest of your prizes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, Mark hooked me up. I'll probably have them up a little later this week.

      Delete
  4. Providence is a really cool city. Did you end up eating at Sienna. Can't go wrong with any restaurant in Federal Hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget the name of the place I went to but it wasn't Sienna. I met a person who works at Brown and she took three of us to her favorite place It was very good and I love the Federal Hill area.

      Delete
  5. I've only flown in and out of Providence on my way to Newport for a conference. Looks like a very pretty city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice. The conferences I've been going to lately have done a nice job picking good walking cities. My last three have been Providence, Savannah and San Antonio.

      Delete