The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Card Sorting

I've been trying to sort through a handful of cards a night as I continue my quest to become an organized adult.  I always have good intentions, but I get sidetracked easily.  Here is how the process goes.

1. Puts a few cards in sleeves
2. Finds a couple cards that might be good blogging material
3. Starts to read blogs
4. Looks at Twitter
5. Checks Fantasy baseball lineups.
6. Texts back and forth about fantasy football trades.
7. Calls it a night, will pick up tomorrow

Of the few cards I did look through today, this Bonds relic was probably the most notable.  Nice to see skinny Bonds compared to Hulk Bonds. In all seriousness I could care less about the steroid issue with him. The whole thing was so over the top with senate hearings and criminal investigations.  Waste of time and money.  The biggest issue I had with Bonds was that he was a miserable asshole.

This year when the Pirates played the Marlins, Bonds gave a pretty candid interview about his persona as a player.  Basically saying that he regretted the smug persona he created for himself and that he regrets being known as a bad teammate and a huge dick to the media.  I guess you get self reflective as you get up their in years.  I'm not sure how serious you can take him, but from all accounts he has been much better with interview requests.

Now back to card sorting /picks up phone to play Words with Friends.


10 comments:

  1. "I guess you get self reflective as you get up their in years."

    Let me help you out with your post....

    "I guess you get self reflective as steroids get out of your system."

    There - I fixed it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did kiss Jose Fernandez in the dugout the other night. Bonds does seem to be having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of surprised he stuck with it through the whole season. Mattingly called him out for not putting enough work in at the beginning of the season, but he seemed to respond. Guys like Yelich and Ozuna had career years this year so maybe he is doing something.

      Delete
  3. I thought that article was great. He said he never really wanted to be that smug, but just sort of couldn't escape it once it became his thing. I don't know if I fully believe him, but I understand perspective coming with age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was almost like a professional wrestler persona. He went heel and could never go back. I know everyone in the media still hates him and rightfully so. Time can heal a lot of things, but he dug the hole deep.

      Delete
  4. Onre of my favorite Bonds moments was captured In a video that surfaced on Youtube, during practice .He got an earful from Leyland. Leyland let him have it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. That gets shown every year on local television. It is a classic. The team was starting to fall apart at that time.

      Delete
  5. AT LEAST NOW WE KNOW HE KNOWS HE WAS A DICK, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He probably still is a dick, just more humble about it now.

      Delete