The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Blogger Meeting

Tonight I'm meeting up with Mark Hoyle and Shane from Shoebox Legends.  I picture Mark going in somewhere and handing out Ted Williams rookies to everyone. I'll take pictures if that happens.

Big shout out to both Mark and Shane for hooking me up with a great local card shop. The shop had everything from high end patch autos to all the commons from recent sets.  I bought over 100 cards! If you are in the Providence area anytime soon I highly suggest Central Sports Cards. 

Card time

I have a sneeking suspician this will likely be the last Pirates Topps Now cards. Playing poorly doesn't lend itself to great moments.  At least the last two have been pretty cool.




The Clemente card was a nice suprise.  That is like card catnip for a Pirate collector. I think it was the best selling one minus the Jameson Taillon debut.

The walkoff cards make for good Now cards.  Love the pictures that actually capture a specific moment rather than the generic photos.

Thanks for reading..

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a great time. Hope to meet up again sometime soon!

      Delete
  2. Awesome, but hey I no want a pic of Mark handing out Teddy Rookies, grab one for me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw what you got. It'll take me only 9 hours to scoot over to Providence ... depending on what construction is like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was great meeting up! Thanks for the cards, I'm gonna hit you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time. I'll get a hold of you if I'm up that way again.

      Delete
  5. i like the use of clemente, too, and was looking forward to seeing more of these as ichiro climbs the hits leaderboard. but then topps went and used a red sox wade boggs photo from the early 1990's instead of one from his final season as a devil ray. economics, i guess, but ichiro passed boggs' total that was established when he finished his career as a devil ray, not a red sock. that kind of stuff frustrates me, especially when there are plenty of photos of boggs from that timeframe since he was chasing 3000 himself. same deal with the pujols/frobby card that showed robinson as an oriole (on the back) instead of an indian when pujols passed him on the hr chart. i know they are most identified with those other teams, but topps didn't use photos of ichiro as a mariner or pujols as a cardinal. at least they got it right with the clemente and kaline cards.

    i also find it interesting that topps did not produce these sorts of cards for alex rodriguez as he passed dave winfield in hits and cap anson in rbi this season, nor did they produce a card when ichiro passed rafael palmeiro on the hits list. ok, rant over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get on Twitter. Tony from Off Hiatus has called out Topps numerous times for these type of mistakes. I understand that Red Sox and Yanks sell better than any other team, but at least make the cards reflect the right team.

      Delete
  6. Very cool talking about cards for three hours. Thanks for meeting up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three Hour Conversation About Cards = The Coolest Three Hours Ever

      Delete
    2. Mark: You need to come to Pittsburgh next season!

      Fuji: It was great, but the time went to quick.

      Delete