The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, March 28, 2015

A Weird Result

I've mentioned several times that my favorite card from Series 1 is the Pirates team card. While I have no desire to chase the rainbow I was looking to add a few parallels.


Part of me wishes Starling Marte was in this shot, but Harrison makes for a unique combination with Cutch and Polanco. This picture must be from when Marte was on the DL before the All Star break. Either way it is a cool end of game celebration.

My initial search was to find the silver framed parallel /20, but the price was just too high. So I browsed eBay aimlessly to see if something else would pop up that caught my eye.

2015 Topps Series 1 Yellow Printing Plate

This card popped up on eBay a couple weeks back and when it was all said and done I won it for about $22. Go figure, cheaper than the silver framed. A very welcomed addition to the collection. I'll still keep my eye out for the silver framed, but I'm content having the plate. 





20 comments:

  1. Nice-very nice! 2/7 lurks...out for delivery

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Looks like it worked out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool - and the yellow looks good with the card design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does. Hard to pick up in a scan but it looks pretty good.

      Delete
  4. Nice. Pirates yellow to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably the most appropriate printing plate to get for the Pirates team card - that's a sweet pickup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that card. Hopefully I can find the silver frame too.

      Delete
  6. superb addition to the Bucco collection! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :crosses arms: that's a cool plate! You know, I think a lot of people tend to overvalue stuff that's /10 or /5 compared to plates, and I don't get it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. I've bought several plates for less than $10. I normally only chase plates for guys that don't have much else in the way of hits, but this was too cool to pass up.

      Delete
  8. Awesome addition! Congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete