The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Trade: The Card Papoy

Kevin and I have been swinging for the fences the last few months trying to one up the other person. This time around Kevin said he just had a "few" cards for me to keep the momentum going. I'm figuring he pulled a good Pirate out of a box, or found some fun stuff shopping on eBay. Lets just say he downplayed the package....

Just a few cards it was, but my oh my.


 A beautiful framed relic of the Pirates best player. Not a bad way to start.



How about some Five Star! Awesome on card auto of the Cobra. The only card I've managed to buy from this set had been the Polanco so this was a great surprise.

One of my favorite players from one of my favorite sets. UD Masterpieces was some high quality stuff.
The 90's! Metal Universe is a fun set because if you stare at it for too long you will start to think you are on acid.

Alen Hanson or Josh Bell will probably be the next positional prospect to make an impact in Pittsburgh. Probably would take an injury to Neil Walker for Hanson to find some time this year.

Another wow factor card! This Polanco is a jumbo jersey /99 from National Treasures. National Treasures had some great Pirate cards this year with many of them featuring the Pirates right fielder. I've invested a lot in Polanco this year so this is a welcome edition.



Sticker Biebs!

Well Kevin you really outdid yourself with this one. This was a great group of cards from some of my favorite sets. What should I send you.......so many possibilities. 

Go trade with Kevin right now! He is one of the best.

Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

  1. I dunno if it's because of the shrooms I ate but that Merged looks like it says Toronto Blue Jay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are of sound mind my friend. He did indeed go to the Blue Jays right after his Pirate tenure.

      Delete
  2. Very nice bunch of cards from Kevin! You had me until the sticker of Ellen Page's no-talent assclown little sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Well if you start trading with Kevin I'm sure you will be adding one to your collection.

      Delete
  3. Metal Universe is a close second to 1995 Fleer in terms of trippiness. (Is that a word?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. So bad it is good type of set. One of the more unique ones out there.

      Delete
  4. Just imagine all the possibilities offered by that Biebs sticker...my head is spinning just thinking about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Biebs may get homesick and want to take a vacation in France.....

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. For autos, Five Star is one of the best. Probably the worst thing about it is the thick stock so you have to either have a jumbo top loader or a one touch magnetic.

      Delete
  6. Nice trade but that Parker is the standout IMO.
    Great card.
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Parker and Polanco were the only Pirates in the main set so I was happy to knock both out. Really awesome that one came via trade.

      Delete
  7. I love the Parker. The Biebs is pretty sweet also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you and I are missing out by not having a calling card for our trades.

      Delete