The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Box Breaks: 2014 Bowman Chrome and 2014 Panini Prizm

I actually busted these a few months back with my buddies Keith and Micah. Micah got the prized pull out of Chrome which was a low numbered Tanaka. He should probably sell before his arm explodes. Our Prizm boxes were all around bad which was a big disappointment. One of the main appeals of Prizm is that you usually pull one good veteran or high end rookie auto. I think a Brandon Phillips auto was the best card.....yuck.

Speaking of Keith, he is wanting to get rid of some cards on his blog, The Home Run Apple. All you have to do is follow and leave a comment. I told him to throw down a Mike Trout auto, but he doesn't listen to me. Here is the link. If you don't want to enter contest you should still leave a comment making fun of the Mets.

Here is the box break loot.

This was probably the coolest pull I had. These Dual-ing Die Cuts are very 90's and really stick out. This one is numbered out of 50. Jonathan Gray should be making his debut very soon for the Rockies. He has done very well in the minor leagues and it looks like the Rockies may have a legitimate pitching prospect. Let's hope he is not a fly ball pitcher.

Mark Appel was actually drafted by the Pirates but decided to go back to school. He has been pretty shaky in the minors so far. Karma!
 Just a normal version of the die cut.
Kiner-Falefa was a 4th round pick in 2013. Seems to be a glove first middle infielder as his offensive stats so far in his professional career are very light in the power department.
 2 round pick of the Cubs in 2012.
Cain refractor numbered to 99.  Looks like he is having trouble with his arm again. Hopefully it doesn't need repaired again.
Drew Pomeranz /500
Taylor Cole  /500
Chris Tillman  /60
Carlos Beltran /25. Beltran is a hall of fame talent, but I think once it is all said and done he gave up too many games to injury.

You probably noticed that I didn't show much Prizm. If I recall I traded most of my box to Keith for a Steve Slaton auto I didn't have.

All cards shown are for trade. I like low numbered Mike Trout autos and gem mint hall of fame vintage and Bob Walk!

Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know Underwood had an auto in 2014 Bowman. Within the Cubs farm system he's got the best potential to be a top of the rotation starter in my eyes. Nice pull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want to make a trade? I can hold it for you.

      Delete
  2. You nailed it. Those Dual-ing Die Cuts definitely look like a 90's insert... which in my book means they rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun inserts. I didn't even realize their were numbered versions until I pulled one out of a pack. I need to review cardboardconnection.com before I open a box. I'm probably sitting on 50 sparkle parallels without knowing it.

      Delete