The Legend

The Legend

Friday, April 3, 2015

Laundry Day

My eBay purchases have slowed down considerably over the last month because the 2015 sets don't have much in the way of new Pirate cards. I've been spending most of my time trying to locate some rarer cards of players like Jason Kendall, Jason Bay and Brian Giles.

A few weeks back I came across a seller who was liquidating a large Brian Giles collection. The majority were Giles featured as a Padre, but he had a couple of rare Pirate heavy hitters that I had not seen before. I only came away with 5 cards, but the last one packs a good punch.

 2005 Diamond Kings Bat Relic /200
 2005 Diamond Kings Jersey Relic /200
 2005 Diamond Kings Bat/Jersey Relic /100

The mid 2000's Diamond Kings sets were great for Pirate collectors. The checklist was vast in which I'm still discovering some variations to this day. 

 2005 Fleer Classic Clippings Patch

I usually don't buy cards featuring players in their non Bucco uniform, but with combined shipping and a nice low price I figured why not. At the very least I could flip this to Gavin or the Underdog. 

Now for the big one....

2005 Prime Patches Giles/Kendall/Wilson Triple Laundry Tag /10

I had no idea that the laundry tag variation of this card even existed. I knew several variations existed, but thought they were all jersey/logo patch based. Needless to say I was all in trying to buy this card. I spent way more then I normally would for a non auto card, but I didn't care. I'm happy to give it a nice home. 


Happy Good Friday!
Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, that triple tag is amazing. If you ever decide to make it into 3 minis, i would love the kendall : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a really nice Kendall for you for our next trade. Think I may keep this one together. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Those are some really nice cards and that triple laundry tag card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniel. Always fun to find a new card I didn't know about.

      Delete
  3. I realize I have no clue whatsoever about the concept of a laundry tag. I understand laundry (I do some myself). I understand tag. But what's a laundry tag, and why would they put it on a baseball card ? (makes it look nice though, and if you're excited, then I am too !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of these type of cards either, but this one caught my eye. For one, I didn't know this card existed. All the other variations that I've seen have been patches. Plus this would have to be one of the earlier laundry tag cards produced. Not that really means anything, but it adds to its allure.

      You kind of sound like my wife with that last line. She will say that when I get a cool card in the mail. She'll never understand why I'm happy, but she appreciates that it makes me happy.

      Delete
  4. That triple tag is super cool. Never seen a card like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man those patches and tags are super cool. It almost makes you forget that there's a very real possibility that they're fake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course its real.....All cards are real. /looks at $10 Mike Trout autograph that I bought off eBay proudly.

      Delete
  6. all nice adds to your collection but WOW on the tags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie....I was happy to get the tag card.

      Delete