The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

JBF #6 (Lumber Time)

On behalf of the postal service in Morgantown I'm happy to say that I've received installments 6 and 7 from JBF and the war is over. Last week Wes promised me that # 6 would pack a punch and that # 7 would make me take out the white flag. He was right! I'll post # 7 this weekend as you will see at the end of this post it is going to take some time to prepare. 

Here is  # 6!
It is a game used bat autographed by former Pirate and longtime MLB pitcher Jeff Suppan! The scary thing is this is the second bat I've received from Wes. When I was the winner of the World Cup of Trading last year he sent me a crap load of cards and a game used bat of former Pirate catcher Jason Jaramillo.

Jeff Suppan only played 1 season for the Pirates in 2003, but it was arguably his best season of his career. During that 2003 season he was traded to the Red Sox for Freddy Sanchez and Brandon Lyon.

How cool is this bat! 


 Signed "Best of Luck Jeff Suppan"

I have several game used bats in my collection, but this might be my favorite. It is perfectly intact with the auto!


As for # 7......check this out.
The volume alone was intimidating, but what was inside blew my mind. I could post about it for two weeks, but I'm going for one super post just to show how mad Wes really is. 


Thankfully I got one more desperation shot back at Wes, but the war is lost. I will give my formal surrender this weekend. 


Thanks for reading.


18 comments:

  1. Oh boy !
    (yeah, my jaw dropped, I don't have much more to say)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyday you get bat in the mail. Just every other day with Wes :)

      Delete
  2. (I do hope it's not my head, in that bigger box)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Suppan use that bat, or just give it to one of the many guys who hit homeruns off him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Still bitter about those bad Suppan Milwaukee years.?

      Delete
  4. Wow. That's a pretty formidable tower you have waiting for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bat is great. Can't wait to see #7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super nice. One of the better conditioned game used bats I've seen.

      Delete
  6. I feel like Wes must have stock in the post office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or a personal vendetta to hurt all of their backs.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji. I like it too. I need to get one of those bat racks that holds multiples for display.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. Wait to you see the other stuff.....

      Delete
  9. Holy Crap! That is a fantastic piece of lumber!

    ReplyDelete